Hallo

Hi friends! Thanks for visiting my blog; I'm sorry I am not very good about updating it, but I'm trying to fix that ASAP.

I'm uploading pictures to Facebook, so be sure to check there.

I miss you all, and you should come visit me. Thanks and gig 'em.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

And I'm here...

After 2 months of packing (let’s be honest I did that the morning of my flight), multiple good-bye parties, a handful of tearful days, and a day-long flight, I finally made it to Vienna. I couldn’t believe it, in fact I still can’t believe it and I’ve been here 3 weeks.

The flight really wasn’t bad; no one sat next to me so I was able to lay down and sleep the whole time. I was a little creeped out when the guy in the row next to me took his shoes off and put on complementary socks, apparently this is normal on long flights? But I was asleep before I can remember reaching full altitude, so it obviously didn’t bother me that much. I woke up in time to see the sun rising as we were landing in London, but my seat was right by a plane wing so the pictures didn’t turn out very good. Heathrow was an experience; I had a 3-hour layover there on my way to Vienna. It was 7 in the morning, and I just found my terminal and slept for a little longer before boarding the next plane, which was completely packed. When I got to Vienna I just went through customs (it was a joke really), went and got my luggage and then followed the crowd out hoping that this is where I was supposed to be picked up. It was!!! And I think I could have strangled her I hugged her so tight.

That afternoon/night I got settled into my housing, got a crash course on the Vienna public transportation system, I think I ate…?, and then I settled in for my first night in Austria. The first few days were a little rough; I had to figure out how to get a phone, where to find Internet (my housing didn’t get it until the first of March… so I spent a lot of time in McCafe), what I should eat (not McDonalds), and how to find my way home (yes my sense of direction is still horrible), but somehow I survived.

So, I am here, I am home for the next 4 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment